This weeks theme was all about connection. Connection between new alliances and across borders. The week started with an early flight from Manila to Hong Kong and finished in Brisbane at the birthday party of a very close friend.
One of the new concepts Dave Rogers and I use is to organize lunches in every city we travel to – time permitting. These lunches are simple 90 – 120 min affairs at a nice reasonable restaurant where a variety of people are invited. We have a format whereby everyone shares a one minute on who they are, what they are looking for right now and what they have to offer right now as well.
Hong Kong had a specifically finance and investment theme to the lunch where I learned whats hot and whats not in the investment world. This coming week I have organized two lunches in Australia with people aligned to supporting the X Factor events. I have also created a Twitter Hash Tag #xfactor for the events as well.
So the secret formula for this week is connecting in a real old fashioned way, over a meal with new friends and old to discuss business and opportunities.
- Connection with people in Hong Kong (I haven’t been there in a few years)
- Getting a stop over in Qatar as part of the tour – a great time to connect with the people there
- Having easter with old friends in Brisbane
- Two very successful meetings in Singapore – learning even more about technology
- Still no phone but coming to grips with lack of connectivity
- Lack of sleep due to overnight flights