After writing 9 books it was time to take a break. Every time I do that I come up with more ideas. My latest book is called ‘What if you were GOD?‘ Over five years research, climbing through pyramids, talking to Sharman, studying, reading the papyrus texts, but I am proud of it. Watch out for it in 2010.
So you want to write a book to…. here’s some tips.
1. It has to have a kick ass title – The Title is more important than the content… ‘The da Vinci Code’ ‘The Secret’
2. Write to a formula – as much as you want to blar on, readers want to read fast and get to the points. Formula’s help this.
3. How do you do it…just start writing… your flow will kick in at some point… all that time planning and worrying dissapears if you just write
4. Don’t think a publisher will sell books for you – you need to. Some will move off the shelf..sure but in the end its up to you.
5. Control your IP and content. You can leverage it for audio books, manuals, chapter workbooks and articles.
6. Get a great Editor, they really make a difference.
7. Don’t write for a supreme court judge. Keep language simple so we can all understand you.
Emily Gowor is a 22 year old (just) writer from Australia who played a significant role in Dr JohnDemartini’s new book out in 2010 also. Emily came to us with a new book idea. She is interviewing a dozen or so of the new breed of transformational leaders. These are the ordinary people that are doing amazing things. We are so excited by not only the project but the way she writes… watch out for her. The Emily style is a favourite of mine… “channel it fast, dont judge it…just write it…get it out…” the words will shape themselves. Then cut and paste it around… the first bit in the middle the middle toward the end and there you have it… wow.
Most writers spend so much time thinking about every word there is no heart in it. There is all heart in Emily’s writing. Go to www.emilygowor.com and check her out.
Finally if you have a book project, bring it to us at Rock Your Life. Our publishing arm is working with and helping train prospective authors. We know best seller strategies, we know how to structure books, we know how to advise you… Make 2010 the year you have a best seller.